1. 12/17/2017, next Sunday, Christmas Celebration –
All Sunday School classes canceled.
9:30am - 10:30am English Service
9:30am - 11:00am Buns and coffee served in Parish Hall
11:00am - 12:30pm Reception on 3rd floor
11:00am - 12:30pm Cantonese/Mandarin Combined Service
11:00am - 12:30pm Kidz Worship (Room 1C)
12:30pm - 1:00pm Transition time
1:00pm - Lunch
Lunch ticket Sale ENDS TODAY:
$10 per person; $5 per person for children 12 - 4 years old.
Free for kids 3 years old and under.
(Present ticket for door prizes and meal)
2. A Congregational Prayer Meeting will be held today in the Sanctuary immediately following the Cantonese Service. Come join us in lifting up our church, our community and our nation before God in prayer. Prayer Requests may be placed in the #4 compartment of the wooden box in the narthex at any time.
3. Praise the Lord for Two Significant Developments of the HUG Preschool Project
A. The Church Council entered into an agreement with All Trusty Builders for renovating the school site at 3830 Noriega Street. Construction is expected to begin in January and complete in June, 2018. The proposal from All Trusty Builders is the lowest responsible bid received from an open bidding process. The president of this construction firm happens to be an LCHS member, Sam Xu.
B. The Church Council extended a job offer to Rebecca Lau for the HUG Preschool Director position and she has accepted it. Rebecca is coming to LCHS with sixteen years of experience as preschool director in San Francisco. She will begin part-time between December and February and assume full-time work on March 1. The goal is to start HUG operation by September 1, 2018.
4. Please remember to place your Mite Offering in Compartment #2 of the Offering Box in the narthex.
5. The monthly Monday Night Cantonese Communion Service will be held at 7:30pm tomorrow, 12/11/2017. Anyone who is not able to attend worship on Sunday morning is invited to attend this worship service. Seekers are welcome to attend.
6. Anyone who currently does not have a set of personal offering envelopes but would like to use them beginning in 2018, please give a completed “Request Form” to Cindy Jeong. Request Forms are available on the wooden table in the narthex.
7. 2018 Altar Flower Offering –We have started to accept offerings for the weekly altar flower arrangements, $25 each Sunday. Offer your thanks to God with a beautiful floral arrangement to commemorate a birthday, wedding anniversary, or a special occasion! Sign up in the Narthex!
8. Important: Deadline to submit receipts for reimbursements, for those who have made purchases for the church with prior approval, please submit your purchase receipts by 12/31/2017, Sunday, for reimbursement.