1. Reminder to those who have signed up for 'Fueled With Hope': Pastor Chris and his family appreciate your love and support for his recovery these past two years. They would like to invite you to a lunch and program of reflection and praise to God, today from 1 to 4pm,
2. Goodbye September, welcome October! Our annual Family Trunk or Treat is almost here again! Let's use this great opportunity to reach out to our neighbors and community! Join us on Saturday, 10/28, for an evening of fun, fellowship, family games, trunk-or-treating, & voting for the top 3 trunks decorated by our contesters. No sign-ups necessary, just come! Our event will take place from 4-8pm.
**If you are interested in decorating a trunk, please contact DCE Ashley Wong for more contest details. Prizes available for the 3 trunk winners!**
3. Want to volunteer for Trunk or Treat? Donate a bag of candy to support this community outreach event? Decorate a trunk for cute little kids in costumes? There are so many ways to be part of this fun family event on Sat, 10/28 from 4-8pm. Just sign-up here: http://signup.com/go/GxyOCtF or let DCE Ashley know! There's definitely something you can help out with or contribute to. We appreciate you for serving alongside us!
4. Northern California Fire Disaster Relief: Please prayerfully consider giving a donation using the special envelope in your bulletin. We will collect donations till 10/29/2017, Sunday. Our church will be giving $1,000.00 from our Good Samaritans Fund. A collective check will be mailed to the LCMS CNH District, which forwards 100% of the proceeds to relief efforts.
Online donation link: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?pc=topnav-about-en#search/President+Robert+Newton+and+Pastor+Mike+Lange+%3Cglenna%40cnh-lcms.org%3E/15f07cced3213d4a
5. In partnership with your family, our church understands the need of equipping you and your child (children) to become tech-wise, or to establish helpful framework and practical everyday steps for putting technology in its proper place. We believe technologies are amazing tools. We also know they have taken the places that might potentially harm our creativity and our time with our families. We want to come along with you, because we believe God has placed you in your family, at different seasons and stages of your life, to help guide your children in their quest to use technology wisely, to focus on what matters most, and to flourish on real-life relationships and grow together.
Please come and invite your spouse, friends, relative, or even your young adult child to join us for the last of our three special workshops (in English) on Friday, Oct. 27 from 7:30pm to 9pm, which are held at the same time as your child’s fellowship. Dinners are available to you and your family at 6:30pm if you sign up with us the Wednesday prior to the workshop at hulministry.com ($3/meal).
Feel free to DCE Allan and DCE Ashley at (415) 661-1120.
6. Last year our church sponsored Christmas Gift Shoeboxes for the (K-8 school) children at San Francisco City Impact's City Academy. Your generosity brought much joy to the kids! In view of that, this year our Church will again sponsor Christmas Gift Shoeboxes for them. Clear plastic boxes will be available, Sunday, 10/22. Our goal is for everyone to bring back their gift-filled boxes to Church on Thanksgiving Day. We will ask God’s blessings on the gifts as we offer our thanks to all the gifts our Lord has given to us. More details to follow.
7. Join us for LCHS Fall Servant Events! Face to Face in-person ministries with our mission partners.
1) Walk for Life – This event is more than just a group of people marching in a circle; this is an opportunity to directly minister to a family that has faced an unplanned pregnancy. We’ll start at Alpha Pregnancy Center then split into small teams to deliver gifts to the moms and children who have been served by APC. All teams will re-gather at John McLaren Park for a celebration lunch. Saturday, October 21 at 5070 Mission St., 9am to 12pm.
(2-3 miles or 3-4 miles walk. Participant registration fee $30 or raised as tax deductible pledge. New toy donations and BBQ lunch team help also welcomed. English and/or Chinese speaking visitors welcomed and desired.) Please pick up Registration and Sponsorship Forms in the Narthex table.
2) Adopt-a-Building – This event brings us into the homes of apartment residents in the Tenderloin District. Residents are aware and welcoming of friendly volunteers to visit with donated goods and company. Sunday November 12 at SF City Impact (230 Jones St.), 2pm to 5pm, includes orientation and visitation.
(English and/or Chinese speaking visitors welcomed and desired.) Please sign up with name and contact info in the Narthex table.